The 2020 Costume Contest, our first official contest ever, was a great success! Thank you to our wonderful judges and all the contestants who made this such a great event. We can’t wait to see you all back again next year.
Click on the photos below to see all of the great entries.
- Entrants must have a valid CaptainCon 2020 badge.
- Contestants must adhere to the CaptainCon 2020 convention policies found here: http://captaincon.com/wp/policies-2/
- Please be advised that this convention is a family-friendly convention. Please keep all content PG. Costumes may not include any nudity, profanity, hate speech, or offensive content.
- Weapons must be non-functional – slack strings on bows, only Nerf or replica firearms with an orange safety tip, no sharp-edged metal blades, etc.
- No projectiles, sprays, or aerosols may be released as part of your costume/display.
- No pyrotechnics (including smoke, fire, fireworks, sparks, etc.) may be used as part of your costume/display.
- No mess is to be left on stage after your presentation.
- No specific audio will be played for each contestant.
- Violators of any of these rules may be disqualified from the contest.
- By participating in the CaptainCon costume contest, you grant permission for CaptainCon/New England Privateers LLC to take photo/video of your costume/performance for use in promoting the convention.and similar uses.
KIDS COSPLAY COMPETITION
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 2pm in the Newport Room.
- Open to children ages 12 and under accompanied by a guardian during the competition as well as their on-stage walk.
- Contestants must arrive by 1:45 pm in costume ready to go on stage.
- This will be a “relaxed rules” celebration of cosplay. Costumes need not be hand-made by the entrant but should be something a little more than straight out of the package from the Halloween Store.
- Please stay following your on-stage walk for prizes immediately following.
ADULT COSPLAY COMPETITION
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 2:30pm in the Newport Room.
- Open to contestants 13 years of age and older.
- All contestants must arrive by 2pm in costume and ready to go on stage.
- Judging begins immediately following the Kids Cosplay Competition.
- All costumes in the Adult Costume Contest must be at least 50% hand-made or altered.
- If you need any assistance, you may have one person to help you.
- All participants will be given 30-90 seconds to walk on stage, pose, and answer questions from the MC/judges.
- Contestants will be judged in the following criteria:
- Overall Appearance
- Stage Presence
- All entrants in the Kids Cosplay Contest will receive a small goodie-bag for their participation. Additionally, prize packs for first, second, and third place will be awarded.
- Prizes in the Adult Cosplay Contest will include:
- First Place – 1st place medal, $150, and a 3-day badge to CaptainCon 2021
- Second Place – 2nd place medal, $75, and a 3-day badge to CaptainCon 2021
- Third Place – 3rd place medal and a 3-day badge to CaptainCon 2021
- If you have any questions or a special request for your presentation, you may talk to the Contest Coordinator to discuss feasibility prior to the start of the contest by emailing email@example.com