Get Ready for the CaptainCon 2022 Costume Contest1
That’s right, we’re back again this year so get your costume ready. We’ll have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in both the children’s (12 and under) and adult contests. We’ve also added a special additional prize this year for best pirate themed costume. You’ve got a few months to put your costume together and we can’t wait to see your amazing work.
Sign up for the contest online by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/wWTEsMueazfJuYVo8
You can also register for the contest on site at the show. Read on for details on rules and to check out photos from last year.
- Entrants must have a valid CaptainCon 2022 badge.
- Contestants must adhere to the CaptainCon convention policies found here: https://captaincon.com/wp/policies-2/
- Please be advised that this convention is a family-friendly convention. Please keep all content PG. Costumes may not include any nudity, profanity, hate speech, or offensive content.
- Weapons must be non-functional – slack strings on bows, only Nerf or replica firearms with an orange safety tip, no sharp-edged metal blades, etc.
- No projectiles, sprays, or aerosols may be released as part of your costume/display.
- No pyrotechnics (including smoke, fire, fireworks, sparks, etc.) may be used as part of your costume/display.
- No mess is to be left on stage after your presentation.
- No specific audio will be played for each contestant.
- Violators of any of these rules may be disqualified from the contest.
- By participating in the CaptainCon costume contest, you grant permission for CaptainCon/New England Privateers LLC to take photo/video of your costume/performance for use in promoting the convention and similar uses.
KIDS COSPLAY COMPETITION
- Saturday at 2pm in the Bristol Ballroom B.
- Open to children ages 12 and under accompanied by a guardian during the competition as well as their on-stage walk.
- Contestants must arrive by 1:45 pm in costume ready to go on stage.
- This will be a “relaxed rules” celebration of cosplay. Costumes need not be hand-made by the entrant but should be something a little more than straight out of the package from the Halloween Store.
- Please stay following your on-stage walk for prizes immediately following.
ADULT COSPLAY COMPETITION
- Saturday at 2:30pm in the Bristol Ballroom B.
- Open to contestants 13 years of age and older.
- All contestants must arrive by 2pm in costume and ready to go on stage.
- Judging begins immediately following the Kids Cosplay Competition.
- All costumes in the Adult Costume Contest must be at least 50% hand-made or altered.
- If you need any assistance, you may have one person to help you.
- All participants will be given 30-90 seconds to walk on stage, pose, and answer questions from the MC/judges.
- Contestants will be judged in the following criteria:
- Overall Appearance
- Stage Presence
- All entrants in the Kids Cosplay Contest will receive a small goodie-bag for their participation. Additionally, prize packs for first, second, and third place will be awarded.
- Prizes in the Adult Cosplay Contest will include:
- First Place – 1st place medal and $150 prize
- Second Place – 2nd place medal and $75 prize
- Third Place – 3rd place medal and $25 prize
- If you have any questions or a special request for your presentation, you may talk to the Contest Coordinator to discuss feasibility prior to the start of the contest by emailing email@example.com
The 2020 Costume Contest, our first official contest ever, was a great success! Thank you to our wonderful judges and all the contestants who made this such a great event.
Click on the photos below to see all of the great entries.